Monday, October 20

Fall Decorating


I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. DH and I painted the Living and Dining Room ceilings... this morning I finished putting the rooms back in order. So glad to have that completed....it feels so good when something like that is accomplished. Also I'm going to share some of our fall decorations. Hubby and I went to the pumpkin farm and they had trailers full of pumpkins, cushaw, and gourds.


So we went to work looking over all the trailers to find our pumpkins. DH found this huge pumpkin and just had to have it....I believe he had one thing on his mind that day. Pumpkin pies and cushaw cake.



Charlie Brown would have been proud....it weighed 111# it is huge! Hubby made a huge corn shock and I will share pictures of that later in the week.

I scattered the pumpkins here and there.






Added some to my ladder on the porch.



This pumpkin is a heirloom variety and it makes the best pies. We will enjoy them as decorations now...before the killer freeze ... I will freeze or can them in some way. Today I have pears to harvest so I had better get busy. Enjoy your Monday!
Blessings,
Kathy


7 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I sure love your porch area!! Wow!! If you ever get tired of your pieces just send them right on over. The pumpkins look great displayed!

Robin Beck said...

Wow what a wonderful post. I do so love pumpkins and love the way you display them. I bet it feels great to get all that painting done too!
Have a blessed week,
Robin~♥

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love your pumpkin decor, your porch is awesome!! Have fun with your pears!:0)~Wendy

basketsnprims said...

I'm in the middle of painting after new drywall, so I know what you mean. I love your porch and of course your pumpkins, too.
Pam

Terry said...

I love to decorate with pumpkins. Those on the ladder look awesome!
We've been painting the outside of our house. Almost done, and it feels so good!
Terry

Raggedy Angel said...

Everyday looks great...I put pumpkins on my ladder to! Beth

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I really like how you have your porch decorated...very pretty!