Friday, August 8

Day Trip

Yesterday was a loooooong day...left home at 8:30a.m. and back at 12:30a.m. We saw 3 barns along the Interstate...DD took a picture of one ...not an easy shot when moving 70mph.
The college campus is beautiful...this is the dorm my daughter will be moving in...she is so thankful it will be a private room.
My DD(Jessica on the left) and her friend Haleigh on the right. Haleigh just moved into an apartment last week and was so glad to see us. I am also thankful DD already knows someone at school.

I have already shared with some of you that I homeschooled my DD from 3-12th grade and she has been commuting from home to college for the last 4 years.

Jessica and Haleigh had been attending University of Louisville studying in the Interpreter Training Program then all of a sudden the University dropped the program.

Jessica has made alot of difficult decisions since the Spring and dealt with a heart break when her boyfriend told her he couldn't wait another two years. So through much prayer has decided on this college in Maryville, TN. Jessica's degree will be in Sign Language Interpreting.

I am soooo proud of her.

Oh yes tomorrow is my big yard sale adventure.... will take lots of pictures and share Monday.
Have a wonderful and safe weekend.

God Bless,
Kathy

6 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I was thinking of you when I was watching the that yard sale on HGTV. You don't know how bad I wanted to get in my car and DRIVE. :) Have fun! Can't wait to see all the treasures you find.

Good luck to your daughter and her "new" adventure. Her degree sounds really interesting.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

My best friend from high school is a sign language interpreter for a school near here. She absolutely loves it.

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a dedicated student your daughter is. No wonder you are proud of her! I wish her the very best in this new endeavour!

Anonymous said...

Tell Jessica that I love her and am realy proud of her. Thank you again for planting the homeschool seed! I know Jessica, Andrea and Charles were blessed as much as their parents. Just look at them! All serving the Lord in a way only He could prepare them.

Have a great day!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Have fun at the yard sale! Wish I was attending!

About your DD, I hope she is successful in her endeavors. She sounds like a very mature young woman that knows what she wants. Good for her! I know you must be so proud!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Hope Jessica has a wonderful time. She is beginning such an amazing adventure. Can't wait to hear where it takes her!

Blessings,
Lea